Thursday 14 August 2014

Sunday Incoming

The forecast for this coming Sunday. Still a way out, but most sources
seem to agree it's going to be at the top end of F4, with the Met Office
predicting accompanying gusts pushing through to F7 or 8. Though they're
always prone to over exageration.

Ben's off to Chorley to visit his girlfriend for the weekend (who today
found out she'd finally been accepted into Glasgow Uni this autumn to
study vetinary medicine, way to go Emily!) so no slacking off for me up
the front of the boat.

Instead, I'll be on helm and, as Hels is now back, she'll be crewing for
me. We're going to be grossly out of practice. Fortunately, it's a the
end of a novelty "personal handicap" series which we won't qualify for
anyway, so it's effectively a fun, nothing to loose kind of race for us.
Perfect really for getting back into the swing of things.

I rather suspect we may spend a good part of it swimming. I'm a bit
worried for that shiney new burgee I installed at the top of the mast
some weeks ago.

It'll just have to take its chances. I honestly can't wait.

No comments: