Friday 25 August 2023

Laser: upstart yoof


There are two races left in the Wednesday evening Hotdog series before the season finishes.

However, as of last Wednesday, the conclusion is now foregone.


Two seconds of corrected time is all that was in it. That gives the youngster in the Laser Radial ahead of me eight clear wins, and doesn't leave me with enough room to catch him as I'd need to discard three races, but only have two remaining.


So I'd best start polishing my trophy ready to surrender it in a couple of weeks time.


On a more serious note, it's been a great series this year, with the Laser fleet in particular enjoying a very welcome revival. It's been particularly gratifying to see so many youngsters out with the fleet, even if one of them is going to end up beating me very fair and square.

No comments: