Wednesday 30 August 2023

Freefall: Saturday nights

A sequence of three stills from a video taken on Saturday night at our gig at The Lamb in Eastcombe, Stroud. The drummer is behind me, and the bassist typically stood behind my left shoulder. So with the way my guitar sits and with my attention typically focused on the crowd out front, I'm typically aware of the guitarist out of the corner of my eye to my left, but these two are pretty much invisible to me whilst we're playing.



On drums is the amazingly talented Leah, who stands in for our regular drummer, Bean, so often that she's pretty much an honourary member of the band these days. I think this was her fourteenth gig with us in the last year. On bass is my brother, Jay.

The sequence, midway through the Stereophonics song "Dakota" just made me smile, so I thought I'd leave it here. In Leah's words, ". . . took us three goes but finally nailed those stabs (you might be able to tell)" 

Better still, they dropped neither a note nor a beat through their little celebration.

No comments: