Monday 14 August 2023

all change

We had planned to be away sailing this week; provisionally thought Portishead to Minehead, to Ilfracombe, to Swansea, to Cardiff then home to Portishead.

In part the weather has flummoxed us.

In other parts, bookending my week off work with Saturday gigs was not the smartest of ideas. 

And then, instead of heading directly down to Calstar and sailing after the gig on Saturday, we headed down to Dartmouth to meet up with some friends and have a look at a 1979 Moody 36CC.

She's quite lovely. And I've just had an offer accepted for her.

I won't jinx it with any more details until I have the keys actually in my hand (figuratively, at least) and the deal is done. But it seems I'm now in the unfortunate position of owning two boats.

So does anybody want to buy a beautifully kept, appointed and maintained Westerly Griffon?

I can't say that I didn't feel a huge twinge of regret the moment I confirmed instructions to the broker to put Calstar on the market. She's been very good to us.

No comments: