Thursday 17 March 2022

Freefall: black & white

These stills, taken from some old video footage of the band that my brother Jamie has dug out, probably date back to around 1993 or 94.

My brother is to my right, mostly out of frame and hidden in the darkness. The guitarist to my left is our friend Matt. He's still in the band, although he did leave us for a few years to go travelling. 

Then again, Jay took a year out himself, albeit many years later. I think I'm the only member of the band that has made every single gig without fail over the last thirty years.


The camera was behind the stage, and the quality of the sound is therefore atrocious, so I won't inflict it on anybody here. But I love the energy, the mood and, strangely, the anonymity the images capture. Just another pub band, doing our thing, making music. I woke up this morning feeling exhausted. But I find myself already looking forward to doing it all over again tonight.


No comments: