Friday 25 March 2022

brightside of a Thursday evening

Thursday nights are usually a trip out to Cinderford for an hour of karate, home for a hot shower then chill in front of Netflix until bed. I'm halfway through a rewatch of The Last Kingdom, a series based on a the Bernard Cornwall books of the same name, so am quite enjoying Netflix again. And I'm very much back into karate at the moment, enjoying every moment of it, and hoping to grade again this summer.

But whilst the cough has eased from the beginning of the week, and the sore throat has gone completely, I still have a bit of a pain in my chest, so I capitulated and decided on a night in instead.

Actually, that's just an excuse. I couldn't face the 40 minute drive each way. I should've gone and trained. I'm fine, just shamefully lazy this evening. But I'll make it up Saturday morning.

Anyway. Instead, I plugged a mic and guitar into my computer and recorded a version of Mr Brightside by the Killers. I've posted a video (or possibly two?) of this version up here before, but I think this one has more polish. 

Hopefully, this SoundCloud link should work . . . 

No comments: