Tuesday 22 March 2022

Freefall: aftermath


I have a cold. Well, a cough, a pain in the chest and a bit of a sore throat. And my voice is a little croaky. Although I'm feeling better today than I was yesterday, so hopefully we're on the mend.


I'm not looking for sympathy. After the antics of last week you could creditably argue that this is entirely self inflicted. I've taken a couple of lateral flow tests over the last couple of days and am happy to report all negative, so it is just the ubiquitous common garden variety cold. Or something along those innocuous lines.

So I've been working from home the last couple of days despite being rota'd to be in the office, to spare the other guys any risk of me passing it on, and am currently debating with myself whether or not it would be socially irresponsible of me to go to karate tonight. 


Pre-pandemic, I wouldn't have thought twice. I'm a bit under the weather, but don't feel too grotty, all things considered. Guess I'll make a decision one way or another later.


I had a very quiet weekend. Dad and I decided not to take Calstar out. Although the weather was bright and sunny, the wind on Saturday was gusting into the high 20's and the tides for Sunday would've meant at early hours departure to get back in daylight. Nothing we've not done before, but I didn't think it was sensible for what was effectively a shakedown cruise.

I'd hoped to race the Albacore with Amanda instead at South Cerney, but there was no racing this weekend. The Chilli Dogs series ended last weekend, and the official racing series starts next weekend with a trophy race, but this weekend was designated for a work party. Morally, I probably should've gone and chipped in, but I confess I let the trials of the week previous overtake me, and had another lazy day at home. I did, at least, take advantage of the bright, dry weather and mow the lawn, front and back.


If the grass is growing again, that must mean that summer is finally on its way.

The two YouTube clips above were taken with my phone from the stage on the last night. I just sat it on top of the bass amp, pointed it at the crowd and pressed record.. The first is a Coldplay Cover called "Yellow", and the second a Razorlight song, "America". Clever things these days, phones.

No comments: