Tuesday 25 January 2022

Albacore: Sunday morning start line

 

So Sunday wasn't as cold nor the air as dead calm as I was worried it might have been, given the forecast. I did, briefly, entertain the idea of sailing to finish last to try and fix the personal "adjustment" to our handicap we've picked up. Amanda found the idea amusing, but was convinced I wouldn't be able to do it.

Turns out she was right. I have this pathological need to chase the boat in front of me, just to see if I can catch it.

On Sunday we caught about a third of them in the first race, and about half in the second. So not our best results of the series, but it was nice to be out and afloat anyway. 

The clip above was from the start of the second race. A fairly relaxed affair, insofar as start lines go.

No comments: