Friday 21 January 2022

Albacore: outlook chilly


So, plans for this weekend. Open mic night tonight at The Restoration, followed by not oversleeping tomorrow morning so that I can get to karate for 1100, and then finally racing on Sunday. I'm meeting Amanda at the lake for 1000 and we'll take the Albacore out to play.

As I think I've previously mentioned, we seem to be going very well at the moment. But, consequently, have picked up a 25 point penalty to our handicap because of this silly personal handicapping system they run for the Chillidogs series at South Cerney.


I've had half an eye on the forecast all week though, and I can't say it's looking promising. Westerly, 4 knots. My feet are going to get very, very cold. Perhaps this will be the week to "reset" our handicap?

On which note, with the temperatures dodging around a balmy 0°C for the weekend and very light winds, I guess it's possible the lake might actually freeze.

The photo at the top is a repost of a picture taken in a more innocent age, January 2020. It's a pretty month to be out on the water, even when there's nothing more on offer than a quiet drift.

No comments: