Monday 2 August 2021

Goodnight Salvador Dali


As well as Dad's 75th on Thursday, it was our drummer's 40th this week, so other than playing at his party on the Friday night we had the rest of the weekend off whilst we gave him a chance to recover from his hang-over.

So with nothing else planned for Saturday night, we took Dad out to a local pub, The Pilot, for supper. We had a full table; my brother Jamie joined us, as did all three of our kids, Tasha, Ben and Sam, and Ben's partner Hannah. Sadly, my daughter Tasha's partner Dan was left running their own pub whilst Tash had the night off with us.

Aside from the very good food, the pub was running an open mic night that evening so, unable to resist, I took along my guitar. It was a lovely, friendly, relaxed evening, and they gave me the floor and time to do three covers and a couple of my own.

The above clip is of one of mine, Goodnight Salvador Dali, captured by my daughter, Tash. Who, to her apparent (but quite unnecessary!) embarrassment afterwards, can be heard in the background singing along with her dad.

No comments: