Tuesday 8 November 2016

Leaves


Zero degrees C this morning, and despite the still air, dead leaves were shedding from the trees like mid-winter snow. Had to scrape a layer of frost from the car for the second time this week. I miss summer already.

Looks like the rest of the week is going to be a little breezy, which will probably strip the last of the trees, and then it calms down for the weekend. Playing with powerboats on the lake at Frampton on Saturday. It would be nice not to have to break the ice but it's only a PB Level 2 course rather than Safety Boat, so there should be no excuse for me to get wet. Even so, I fully intend to have my drysuit on.

High water Portishead is 0539 & 1804 on Sunday, sun-up and sun-down 0727 & 1633 respectively; haven't decided yet for sure, but a trip over to Cardiff and back is possible. We ought to do something as it'll be our two year anniversary with the boat. Not that she'll care; unlike my wife she doesn't notice when I forget these things.

No comments: