Monday 26 October 2015

1989

Listening to Ryan Adams' cover of Taylor Swift's album "1989" on Spotify, having found my way to it via an article on the Guardian website. It's quite brilliant.

I've never really paid much attention to Taylor Swift. Pretty blond pop singer-songwriter, two to a penny. And here I confess I'm guilty of gross generalisation. Not sure if it's encroaching middle-age, or the X-Factor, but my expectations of today's music scene are jaded at best these days.

I should probably go and listen to some Taylor Swift.



Totally unrelated, it's my little brother's birthday today. He's off to Indonesia in a couple of days with his wife for a holiday and a visit to her family. Consequently, we've no gigs or rehearsals now with the band until he gets back, late November. I'm quite enjoying the free time in the evenings, but feel a little twitchy at the thought of not playing for a month.

Happy Birthday bro.

No comments: