Tuesday, 17 December 2013

The Noose

Watching the forecast with a mix of anticipation and trepidation. I
should just ignore it till about Thursday.

But I can't.

At the moment, it looks like it's going to be wet and wild right through
the weekend. Good for Saturday's fun, not so good for Sunday's racing.
The more I think of last weekend, the less I'm happy with how Hels and I
are handling Buffy when it blows. Trouble is, I can't pin down any
specific thing to fix. I'm quite sure the reason we're slow is that
we're not pointing well enough. Why, I don't entirely know.

On the other hand, we didn't capsize once, despite the tricky
conditions. That's an improvement on previous performances, and the
principle reason why our results from the first race were, to be fair,
quite respectable. We didn't fall in, many others did.

Daydreaming of Saturday and our intended adventure up into the Noose in
Green Bean, I've been browsing old photos. The shots above are from one
of out trips up to the Noose aboard Ondine last year. Aside from the
rain, the conditions were relatively benign on that particular outing;
it's going to be rougher on Saturday if the forecast is to be believed.
It's going to be curious to see how Green Bean deals with the
conditions. I'm actually really looking forward to it.

No comments: