Friday 5 January 2024

land locked


Nearing the end of the first week of 2024 and feeling like it's been too long since I last properly got out on the water. Distracted, in part, by the new boat but harbour-bound by inclement weather almost every time we've made it down to her. 


But it's been a good winter season for dealing with the myriad of "five minute jobs" that come with any boat, so Dad's been very much in his element.


This coming Saturday, Nikki and I have our anniversary; 28 years married, although she's actually put up with me for a few more than that. Planning to make a day trip of the journey down to Brixham Saturday morning, supper somewhere in town Saturday evening, spend the night aboard Petrella then home again Sunday.


Hopefully, the following Sunday Amanda and will have the chance to get the Albacore out and racing again. Feeling very land-locked at the moment. The above shot was from our last trip out at the beginning of December, a lovely day for a sail but we had the lake pretty much to ourselves as nobody else turned up to race us. The following is a clip from the summer of 2021. I don't think I've posted it up here before, but if I have then reposting is simply a gratuitous act of self indulgence for which I make no apology.

No comments: