Wednesday 27 September 2023

we shall see


We brought Jack's ashes home today. It always stops me dead to realise how such a large personality can be reduced to the contents of such a small box.

Lottie's new life jacket also turned up today. Actually, technically it's a DFD, apparently: a dog floatation device. The size guide suggested she needed an XL. But she's not an XL dog, so I couldn't bring myself to believe it was right and bought an L.

Which appears to fit. But I now worry that it's too small. We shall see.

Dad and I planned to head down to the boat Saturday evening (despite no gigs this coming weekend, family commitments prevent me from escaping earlier), spend the night aboard, work on the various odd jobs that still need doing through Sunday then head home again Sunday evening. I had planned to take Lottie with us.

I've just looked at the forecast. It's changed; it's now dry with 11 to 16 knots from the southwest. Almost perfect for a christening sail out and around Torbay. Which would mean leaving Lottie at home. The ultimate plan is to get her comfortable sailing with us, but first we need to get her comfortable with the boat.

And we need to get ourselves comfortable with the boat.

So we shall see.


I'm currently listening to "I Never Really" by Anna Leone. I'm working from home and the house is quiet, so a little background music always offsets the tinnitus that is otherwise my persistent accompaniment these days. I don't know who she is, why she's in my Spotify library or how she got there. But I'm pleased. 

She has a lovely voice and an obvious gift for crafting a lovely song.

No comments: