Sunday 14 August 2022

two weeks


I took the photo above as I was walking Jack through the park last night. It's too warm to walk the dogs during the day at the moment. That's not the sun setting, but rather, a very rusty moon rising. I'm reminded of the desert, which is oddly apt, given the weather at the moment.


It's Saturday morning and I'm on day two of a two week holiday. Which feels lovely, as it's the first real break from work I've had since Christmas. My brother will pick us up in forty minutes to give us a lift to the airport where Nikki, Dad and I will then catch a plane to fly out to meet our friend Mark aboard the lovely yacht "Amore", a Hanse 415, which will be our home for the next couple of weeks. My youngest son Sam has kindly offered to look after Jack and Lottie. Boo has gone on a holiday of his own and is staying with my in-laws.

He likes them. They are not above bribing him frequently with biscuits.


Wednesday evening just gone was the penultimate of my mid week races. There are four more races in the series, but I'll miss two, and have a Safety Boat duty immediately upon my return. September 7th is the final race before the evenings draw in. I'm currently tied in 2nd place but a lot can change over a couple of weeks. I may have some catching up to do on the 7th.


 


No comments: