Friday 11 February 2022

Calstar : seven years

Google Photos has a charming way of popping up pictures of "x years ago" as a means of trying to endear itself to you and of reminding you of where you've been.

Oftentimes it just leaves a lump in my throat. There are an awful lot of friends, family and dogs we've loved and lost along the way, and now only photographs remain. Sometimes they'll put a smile in your heart, but sometimes some of them are still just a little bit raw.

Every once in a while though, a picture will trigger a memory that's nothing more than simple joy.

Dad and I bought Calstar back to Portishead from Swansea in February 2015, seven years ago. Those were heady, exciting times, and I've distracted myself for a pleasant half hour or so reading back over the things I wrote and pictures I posted back then up here.

Which led me to this YouTube clip I'd taken on the return leg of our first weekend trip out to Cardiff from Portishead. 

No comments: