Tuesday 11 May 2021

white pyjamas

I'm actually a little bit excited. As of Monday, the prohibition against indoor sports gets lifted in England, so karate restarts again next week. I get to jump around in my white pyjamas again. I expect it'll be strictly non-contact still, so we won't be allowed to resume actually hitting each other yet. 

But fun though that may be, kumite (aka. sparring) is really only a small part of it. This feeling that life is slowly returning to normal is so good.

Of course, it means that the long, lazy evenings and weekends of leisure that I've gotten used to are almost a thing of the past. I don't know yet if I'm away with Dad and Calstar this weekend, or home and sailing on the lake (domestic negotiations are currently ongoing), but the after work, extra curricular itinerary for next week is as follows:

  • Monday: band practice (good to have one every once a decade or so)
  • Tuesday: karate
  • Wednesday: sailing (Laser)
  • Thursday: karate (maybe, if the Cinderford club has space yet)
  • Friday: no plans as of yet, mow the back lawn?
  • Saturday: gig
  • Sunday: sailing (Albacore)

Yep, in addition to letting me redon my white pyjamas and go punch at shadows, pubs are allowed to fully reopen again as of Monday, so the band has its first gig a week on Saturday. That's actually a bigger think than karate restarting, really. But still over a week away, so no sense getting excited about that yet.

No comments: