Tuesday 6 April 2021

reboot in progress


Just looking at the log from my watch, and life is slowly edging back to normal. Still no gigs, but our first is booked in for 22nd May, so not long now. I think I might still carry on running, not that I can pretend to have actually worked out what's enjoyable about it yet, but I'll keep it up at least until karate starts again, probably mid-May.

And life is so far back to almost normal that I've signed up for a Laser Open at a nearby sailing club (Whitefriars, just down the road from my own South Cerney) this coming Saturday. No changing facilities on site, clubhouse remains closed so no drinks or food available (bring your own) but the racing is going ahead. Same situation as at South Cerney then.

Only ever sailed one other Laser Open, when I first got the boat, and that wasn't altogether a happy experience (although nothing to do with the sailing, it was enough to dissuade me from bothering again until now). But that's well behind us. I find myself stupidly excited about this coming Saturday.

Need to get back down the Club before then to sort out my road trailer, however. Thursday evening, perhaps.

And then, once I'm finished racing the Laser at Whitefriars on Saturday, Amanda and I are racing the Albacore again on Sunday. 

Like I said, life is back to almost normal. Or at least it's safe to say that the reboot is now well under way. Except for the sub-zero temperatures forecast for the weekend. What's that about in April? We even had light snow yesterday and a frost on the car this morning. 

Clearly, the world still has capacity left for more crazy.

No comments: