Monday 8 August 2016

It's a little bit silly

A friend of mine is more than half way across the Indian Ocean in Hawk 24. I'm sat here fretting about taking a 26' Westerly out through a couple of locks, into the Bristol Channel and on to Tenby without my dad.

Different sailors, different waters, and an absolute world of different experience.

Fretting is too strong a term.

I'm just worried about screwing it up in front of witnesses. Especially as the closest witness will be the wife.

If all goes to plan, tomorrow night Tenby, then anywhere as long as it leads back to Swansea to meet Dad for Friday.

If it doesn't go to plan, I will have wimped out and we'll stay in harbour in Swansea for the week.

Nik doesn't actually mind. Apparently, she's just happy to be away with me.

No comments: