Tuesday 8 March 2016

Bear


This morning we took the inevitable decision to let our Bear go, the final kindness we could grant him, and was owed, however hard it was in the gifting.

He was our fourth and final "failed" foster; after Bear we got much better at the whole thing and every other furry soul that came through our door we found the perfect home elsewhere, as much through necessity as desire, we've only so much room.

Bear had been with us just a shade over three years, although it felt, and feels, like the weight of a lifetime has left its mark with his passing.


"Someone once said we all become photographs"

Every time I come to this pass, and it's been all too frequent of the last couple of years, I find you can never have taken enough.


"It came to me that every time I lose a dog, they take a piece of my heart with them. Yet, every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough, all the components of my heart will be dog, and I will become as generous and loving as they are" -anon


No comments: