Thursday 25 June 2015

The wrong button

I've been following a thread on the Yachting Monthly Scuttlebutt forum about the recent Jester Baltimore Challenge. One of the participants was "rescued" by the Irish Coastguard after she accidentally hit the wrong button on her Spot tracker. She writes eloquently about it here:

http://littleyachtduet.com/everything-is-ok

I couldn't help but wince with sympathy.

Once or twice in my time I've been late into work in the morning because I've inadvertently switched off the alarm rather than hitting the "snooze" button as intended. Snooze buttons are the work of Satan, temptation incarnate. I've been trying to wean myself off them for years, but so far in vain.

Duet's skipper Claire keeps a "blog" on the above site that makes for quite an interesting read. Looks like she's based out of Plymouth? I have some very fond memories of sailing with Dad and Ondine in and around Plymouth Sound. It's a fantastic spot to base a boat, and had we not been adamant about the necessity of berthing Calstar within an hour's drive of home, we almost certainly would have based her down there instead.

No comments: