Tuesday 27 January 2015

Easy come, easy go


My band money of the last eight or nine months or so. Was saving up for a new computer, but sadly it's about to be blown as contribution to an unexpectedly large tax bill.

One does ones best to make sure these things don't catch you unawares, but as I believe a certain Bush/Blair era politician once implied, it's the things you don't know you don't know that you've gotta watch out for.

Still, I did enjoy counting it. I'd make a great Silas Marner.

Looking on the bright side, at least I had it put aside. Otherwise the bill would have been both surprising and embarrassing.

It's funny how much more attached to these notes I feel, perhaps because of the visceral way in which each was earned, than I do to the invisible stuff that runs in and out of my bank account consequent to my far better imbursed day-job.

No comments: