Monday 29 December 2014

Brean Sands

Gratuitous dog-spam ahead. Nik and I took Lilly and Jack for a run on the beach this afternoon, I took the camera. I took something of the order of 336+ pictures of the two dogs in the space of a couple of hours. Naturally, I shan't bore you with all of them.

Flat Holm
Steep Holm
We've got to sail Calstar up through these waters to get her back from Swansea to Portishead. One of my plans for the coming year is to bring her back down from Portishead and round to port both the islands visible from this shore. Portishead Cruising Club runs an event called "The Holms Race" that follows just that course, and we're planning to join in. Don't think we need to wait till then to have a practice or two however.

Jack Sparrow

Lilly
Burnham-on-Sea is at the south west end of this beach (it is a very long beach) and that's another objective for the year coming.









No comments: