Tuesday 30 September 2014

October beckons

Season of mists and mellow fruitfulness,
Close bosom-friend of the maturing sun;
Conspiring with him how to load and bless
With fruit the vines that round the thatch-eves run;
- Keats, from "To Autumn", 1819

The view from my office window this morning. Not so much "Close
bosom-friend of the maturing sun" at the moment, I think. Still, the air
has a certain character about it. I much prefer the sharp crispness of a
blue-skied autumal sun that lights the valley once the leaves have
turned just a little bit more, but before they've completely fallen.

And autumn gales. I love the leaf-stripping wind autumn so often brings.
If we must have uncomfortable weather, make it interesting. Give me
something to play with.

Last day of Sailability this coming Saturday, after sailing, it ends
with a BBQ for lunchtime. Then the first of our October gigs Saturday
night, followed by racing on Sunday. It feels like an eternity since I
last raced with Hels. I'm looking forward to it, whatever the weather.

No comments: