Monday 24 March 2014

Cold, salty tea


Spent Saturday morning playing with Thornbury's RIB out on the Severn. It's a brute of an old river, and akin to being thrown around in a churning mug of cold, salty tea, but I am rather find of it.

Conditions were fun. Cold, but with a brisk F5 slightly across the incoming eleven meters of spring tide. Weather was squally. Blue skies are sweet, but if I must be consigned to a powerboat, I think Saturday's weather was the more interesting.




It was mostly kind; dramatic skies, a rainbow and wind whipped waters. The worst of it held off until just after we'd landed and retired to the club house, and we didn't get the hail in any great measure until I was back home and walking Boo in the park.

Whilst I was away playing with powerboats at Thornbury, the sandbag elves were busy "debagging" the shore of Frampton lake. It's confirmed, the lake is once again open for business, and Sunday will see us once more afloat aboard our Enterprise "Buffy". Six races, in three pairs of back-to-back sets, starting at 11am. Given how rusty we all undoubtedly are, I suspect it's going to be exhausting mayhem.

I really can't wait!

A steady hand
The end of the rainbow
Traffic (a couple of Thornbury lads in their RS200)
Morning's fun over, returned to the slip
Tide well on the ebb, time to go walk the dogs

No comments: