Friday 30 September 2022

Amore: Gaios and done

I've been abandoned.

Actually, nothing so grim. The original plan was for Amore to take me back to Corfu today, then I'd get a taxi to the airport whilst Mark and Amanda would take the next couple of days to move Amore the last 60 miles down the coast to here final destination of Perveza.

But we woke up this morning to find that tomorrow they'd have 20 knots on the nose and Sunday 40 knots on the shoulder. 

Not fun.

So we sailed the 5 miles back around the island from Lakka to Gaios where they dropped me and my bag on the wharf of the ferry terminal and then they set off directly for Perveza.

Only 30 miles from here, and a nice day for sailing.

Meanwhile I find myself kicking around the little town of Gaios until my ferry departs at 6pm tonight.

Does feel odd to be without boat or any other kind of base for the day. Is a lovely day however, and I have my Kindle and a book to read, so we shall be fine.

No comments: