Monday 12 September 2022

Freefall: teenage dirtbag [UPDATED]


By way of a postscript to my previous post: One of the very nice things about playing a venue ten minutes from home is that we're often joined by my brother-in-law, Jim, on keys. James was one of the band's original members, and I guess our inviting him to form a band with us led all those many years ago led to my meeting his sister at a gig a couple of years later.


But the really nice thing about having Jim along for the night is that my young nephew Josh gets to join us  on stage with his guitar for a few songs. 


The following clip (embedded from the band's Facebook page, so hopefully it works) is a cover of "Teenage Dirtbag" by Wheatus from Saturday night, Josh on guitar.

It's tough though. As the front-man of the band, I'm very much used to being the centre of attention. But moments during Saturday night made it quite obvious that this aging rocker can't compete with youthful energy and good looks anymore!

EDIT 16/09: The previous video, embedded from Facebook using their default generated iframe tags, wasn't running on Apple devices so I've manually changed the embedding method to use div tags on the off-chance that this might fix it. However, I'm not particularly optimistic . . .

No comments: