Monday 12 September 2022

Freefall: the Pilot Inn

Saturday night's gig was a wonderfully lively affair. Four YouTube clips follow, recorded by my dad on the night from amongst the crowd. If do you click on them, be careful with your volume.


The Pilot Inn is one of my favourite venues, although as a musician you do have to be careful picking favourites. Venues are a bit like one's children in that respect; they're all your favourite and you naturally love them all equally. 


But the Pilot is in many ways special. And only ten minutes down the road from home, which helps.

I wasn't entirely sure how the evening would go, given current events. I'd been booked to play a solo spot in Gloucester earlier in the day but that had been cancelled. But I'd checked, and the Pilot was still a definite go. As were the crowd that turned up on the night.


I love it when they go like this. There's kind of this trigger point at gigs, where the crowd trips from being a thing of observation to an act of participation, where they become a part of the performance, a part of the band. 


And you know then that the night is made.

No comments: