Monday 3 October 2022

backing vocals


Arrived safely back home, 0600 Saturday morning. Once the dogs calmed down, I managed a couple of hours sleep, then took Nikki and Lottie over to my favourite local pub (the Pilot) for an early lunch. Lunch was good, Lottie was immaculately behaved (as was Nikki).

Except for a brief lapse as we'd finished and were getting ready to go. A momentary lapse of attention, and she very nearly had the dinner off the plate of the lady eating on the table next to us. Lottie, that is, not Nikki.

Disaster was averted however, and the lady was very good humoured and understanding; possibly because she still had said dinner on her plate, might have been different had Lottie got her own way before I brought her back under control.

First gig of the day was a short solo spot on the mainstage at a festival in Gloucester at 4pm. It was nice weather and a lovely crowd, really enjoyed every moment of it. It was definitely worth forsaking a bit of catch up sleep to be there.

Standout thing for me was the lady, provided by the organisers, who stood at the side of my stage translating my songs into sign-language as I sang. Never had backing vocals in sign-language before. 

I was both amused and impressed.

No comments: