Thursday 8 March 2012

Stalled Start to the Season

Weekend is closing in fast, and whilst repairs to the Ent are going well, we're now about a week behind, with the final coat of varnish not due on till Monday.

Which sucks. Especially after all the work and practice H has put in to be ready to take the helm for the Spring Class series which starts on Sunday.

I could sail the Europe this Sunday instead but it feels wrong to abandon my crew and anyway, there's next to no wind forecast and sailing the Europe through a drift is akin to sailing through glue!

Am supposed to be doing the racing endorsement for my instructor's ticket on Saturday, so will get a weekend sailing fix anyway [update: or perhaps not. Seems there was some confusion over my availability, so name isn't down. Might be I'm back instructing on the powerboat course as originally planned, might be I'm relegated to dog walking and garden duty?]

Garden is over growing. Maybe I should settle for dealing with that on Sunday and perhaps put the final coat of varnish on then instead of waiting till Monday?

No comments: