Tuesday 21 November 2023

fair weather sailor: reprise


It was a two gig weekend just gone, Friday and Saturday evening. Both at the same venue, The Whittle Taps in Cheltenham, both very lively, very hard work, and exceptionally good fun. The kind of gig that reminds us why we do it.


I could've gone sailing Sunday morning,. I'd meant to. I'd been planning to race the Laser around the lake at South Cerney, but the forecast was for rain and strong winds gusting into the high 30's. 


I got up Sunday morning. A little later than planned, but still in time to get to the club if I rushed. Even go so far as having packed my kit into my bag. Then decided I really didn't have it in me after all, put the kettle back on and had another cup of tea, followed by a very lazy morning.

Later, as the rain eased a little into the afternoon, I took Lottie for a nice, long walk.

No comments: