Thursday 6 July 2023

gardening leave


Time flies when you’re having fun, apparently. Which might explain where the last few weeks have gone. Took the last week of June off work and, rather than going sailing, spent it in the garden, replacing my old garden shed and various other gardening jobs I’ve been putting off for an age. 

Dad, seemingly having nothing better to do, spent the week with me, his help, as ever, totally invaluable. Lottie, who's company was fine but who's help somewhat less valuable, absolutely loved having us both out in the garden all week. 


It did mean though that it was around day 3, which is when we came to fixing the roof on, before I was allowed to actually hold a drill or put a screw in myself. The perils of being an engineer’s son.


Despite being away from boat and water, I really enjoyed spending the week outdoors and working with my hands for a change. And the weather was very kind.

No comments: