Wednesday 3 May 2023

benchmarks

I'm mostly closing my eyes and humming loudly in an attempt to avoid all things coronation. I am decidedly not a monarchist and fear I am developing an allergy to bunting. But a passage in an article today on the Guardian's website about Nick Cave and the subject of the upcoming weekend made me chuckle; his response just seemed so insightful and self aware, and so I quote:

In reply to the letter writer from the UK, who asked, “What would the young Nick Cave have thought of that?!”, Cave wrote “the young Nick Cave was, in all due respect to the young Nick Cave, young, and like many young people, mostly demented, so I’m a little cautious around using him as a benchmark for what I should or should not do. He was cute though, I’ll give him that.”

No comments: