Saturday 10 May 2014

Break

First set done. Lovely, friendly folks in the crowd. It's apparently not a 60th Birthday, but an end of 50's party. The birthday girl, Anne, is 60 tomorrow, and clearly young with it.

As I kind of expected, I'm feeling better now than I have all day. The bite was only my fault, by the way. Jack and Digger are both lovely creatures, they just have a few small issues with each other. I knew that, but let my attention slip for a second.

I should know better. A slip of a second is all it takes.

I should perhaps go dose up on some more ibuprofen. But I feel fine for the moment, and never really feel the pain when I'm playing. Think I'll save it for later. I shall probably need it later.

Then again, I have three quarters of a bottle of red wine waiting for me when I get home.

Looking forward to racing tomorrow. This morning I actually thought I might have to call it. But like gigging, the pain is always muted when I'm sailing. Think it's going to be fine.

No comments: