Sunday 16 February 2014

There and back again

583 miles driven in total in the last 24 hours. Down to Newquay, across to Charlestown to deliver a couple of dogs to their new foster homes, then over to Somerset to relocate another pup to a new foster home, and now I'm finally home.

I love Cornwall, especially the area around Fowey, St Austell and Charlestown. I don't recommend a flying visit of there and back again in a single day however. Quite spoils the charm.

On the other hand, I've had the pleasure of meeting three other families directly involved in the support of our Rescue and a load of lovely dogs.

And in between yesterday's running up and down the motorway, again for the Rescue, I got a lovely long walk in along the Canal with Felix, our present foster dog.

It was very wet and windy, but some lovely views out towards the Severn Estuary.

No comments: